About the Blog: Hi! I’m Megan
Good Hughes, the author behind Nerdy. Pretty. Cool. I created this little corner of the blogosphere to be a friendly, fun, and supportive home for sharing and discussing the topics I love most, which can be summed up as all things nerdy, pretty, and/or cool. This is admittedly a broad niche for one little blog to cover, but my aim is to represent my true interests and self as genuinely (and enjoyably!) as possible. My interests, passions, and goals have never fit into one neat, orderly column, so it’s only natural that my blog would follow suit. I hope you find my posts well-written, relatable, informative, and fun, even when they cover topics that venture outside of your wheelhouse from time to time. I welcome any feedback you have about the blog or its content. I’d love, LOVE to hear from you and grow this online community of nerdy, beautiful, awesome people.
About the Author: I am a recent addition to the 30-something club, living in small town, Delaware with my
fiancé and soon-to-be hubby, JC, 9-year-old stepdaughter, Aubrey, and an adorable smooshface of a rescue pitbull named Jasmine Petunia. Outside of blogging, I am a law firm manager/paralegal-extraordinaire, though I have grand ambitions of retiring to a farm where I can rescue animals, paint, and finally get through my Netflix queue.
Some Fun Facts About Me, Meg:
- I am a lifelong Delawarean (And yes, we may be small, but what our state lacks in size, it makes up for in great beaches, craft beer, no sales tax, and proximity to major cities)
- I love road trips, kayaking, hiking, and exploring new places
- My husband is my best friend. We grew up in the same neighborhood and have known each other since we were 14 and 15 years old
- I collect china teacups, vintage cameras, books, and houseplants that I will eventually (unintentionally) kill
- I am often a fake redhead, but my sister, Lauren, is a real deal ginger
- Matt Smith was my favorite Doctor, though I’ll always have a soft spot in my heart for #10
- My paternal grandfather was a professional fine artist who inspired my love of art at a young age and taught me about perspective before I could even spell perspective
- I originally planned to go to school for fashion design but ended up studying English and Journalism
- I play the guitar, ukulele, and clarinet
- My maternal grandfather was a farmer who taught me to be kind to all people and creatures and to never be afraid to get my hands dirty (literally)
- My favorite cocktail is a tie between a Moscow mule and a Hendricks gin and tonic, but my go-to wedding drink is ALWAYS a Jack Daniels and gingerale
- I used to paint custom house portraits for people (and still do occasionally)
- I’m a pescetarian
- I give Kristen Bell a run for her money when it comes to being an easy crier
- I love baseball and the Phillies
- On a related note, the Philly Phanatic once fell and sat on me at a store opening when I was a little kid. I wear this fact like a badge of honor (you get it, Philly fans)
- I love procedural TV crime dramas and mystery novels. Can’t. Get. Enough.
- My old dog, Scout, was named in honor of my favorite literary work, To Kill a Mockingbird
- It is physically impossible for me to tell Triple H and Kane apart. I still maintain they are one and the same person.
- On a related note, my husband LOVES pro-wrestling
- My fashion sweet spot lives somewhere between sexy librarian and an actual grandmother
- IMO the Battlestar Galactica reboot and Star Trek TNG > The originals
- I have been called an excellent cook by tens of people
- I appreciate and adore everyone who takes the time to read and support my blog
Thank you for visiting and please keep in touch!